New Jersey state ID card with veteran status designated can now be obtained to Mercer county residents for discounted fee of $10. An application can be submitted in county office at 209 South Broad Street in Trenton. An applicant would need the following to apply:
- Must be a Mercer County resident for at least 6 months.
- Must produce the following:
- A valid birth certificate with a raised seal or a naturalization certificate.
- A valid NJ Motor Vehicle License or voter registration card or, lease agreement.
- To have their US military veteran status designated on the ID card, veterans must also produce or register their DD-214 honorable discharge papers with the County Clerk’s Office
Veteran’s ID card become especially handy during Memorial Day weekend when a lot of vendors offer special discounts for the veterans ranging from grocery items to airline tickets and cars.